Becoming Pregnant is a momentous occasion regardless if it came easily to you or it took a considerable amount of time and effort. From the moment you find out, your brain takes off in a million different directions about what you are to do next. What are the best options for you and your baby? There are tons of books to read, internet forums to check, but ultimately you need to identify what information is relevant to you, this is where I come in.
This is a sacred time in any woman’s life and in my opinion you deserved to be cherished and nurtured. Moving through this experience provides the opportunity for women to embrace their truest self-expression, feminine spirit and come into her power. My Pre-natal Acupuncture Appointments are designed to do all that and more.
During our Treatments, we have the opportunity to address the physical symptoms and complaints that occur at each stage of your pregnancy.
5 Element Transformational Healing Sessions have been used to successfully treat:
One of the major benefits of our sessions that has been invaluable to my patients is that we also get a chance to talk, In this time we can:
• Connect to your baby’s growth and development each stage of pregnancy
• Identify Nutritional and Supplemental needs for pregnancy
• Discuss plans for self-care and exercise to promote feeling amazing throughout
• Cultivate ways that you can create connection with your body and your baby at each stage
• Dive in to the emotions that can arise during pregnancy and the transition to your new life as a mother
• Prepare your labour and delivery options that align with your individual wishes
• Answer all of your questions related to your pregnancy, labour, and early days with baby
• Advise you on natural remedies for pregnancy symptoms, labour preparation and recovery
• Prepare for a successful breastfeeding experience
• Advise you on natural remedies for baby’s care
Suggested Treatment Frequency for Each Stage of Pregnancy:
Weekly acupuncture treatments until 12-14 weeks of your pregnancy. Acupuncture at this time focuses on preventing miscarriage with our Maintaining Pregnancy Program and helps to alleviate nausea and vomiting, increase energy, prevent constipation and bloating, and reduce anxiety and help with sleep.
Women can benefit from receiving one treatment every 3-4 weeks dependent on individual needs. Acupuncture can help maintain health and alleviate common pregnancy ailments like back pain, hip pain, headaches, stress, pelvic pain sciatica, indigestion, and insomnia.
Weekly treatments starting at 32 weeks if your baby is in the breech presentation, otherwise weekly treatments starting at 37 weeks for begin birthing acupuncture. Acupuncture at this time helps to position the baby, ripen the cervix, increase energy, reduce anxiety, manage edema, and reduce high blood pressure.
What is Pre-Birth Acupuncture?
Helping clients prepare for the birth of their baby is one of my favourite types of treatments to perform. I consider it a true honour to support a mother-to-be as she transitions to motherhood and meet her baby for the first time. Pre-Birth Acupuncture is commonly used as a supplement to midwives and doulas during the birthing process. Acupuncture is a useful tool to help:
• Prepare the body for labour using Pre-Birth Acupuncture (starting at 36-37 weeks)
• Induce labour
• Ease the pain and length of labour
is a weekly acupuncture appointment starting at 36-37 weeks where specific acupuncture points are used to help the body cue itself naturally for labour. Assisting in the ripening of the cervix and helping baby position itself to engage and gradually induce labour naturally around your estimated due date.
is used if you have surpassed your due date by 40+3 days or earlier by the recommendation of your OBGYN or midwife. Labour induction acupuncture protocols are used to help encourage labour and avoid further medical interventions.