The Single Most Important Thing You Can Do For Your Fertility
Breathe… no joke!
‘One of the first things that I like to talk about when I work with my one-on-one clients is the importance of their breath when it comes to optimizing fertility and conception.
In Chinese Medicine, there is a metaphor;
Our Ability to Take in Air, is Our Ability to Take in Life
When I speak of this, I’m not talking about the shallow breathing that most of us do in every day to day moment. I’m talking about that deep conscious breathe that goes all the way down to the bottom of your belly.
Here’s what you do:
• Take a few minutes and get comfortable, you can do this lying down or sitting at your desk.
• You will close your eyes and place your hands on your belly
• Inhale with your nose, slowly picture the breath traveling down the front of your body and into your belly, as this happens your belly will start to expand.
• At the breaths peak you will root this experience by performing a Kegel.
• As you release the Kegel you will begin to exhale your breath and picture it traveling up your back and back out your nose.
• Repeat 7-10 times
When we use this technique we are activating the Microcosmic orbit and its two main acupuncture meridians the Ren and the Du which have a major impact on our HPOA axis (Hypothalamic Pituitary Ovarian Adrenal Axis- more on this in future posts) and overall health.
By taking the time to breathe for even a short period of time we help our body reform our Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) and move from a pattern of Survival (Fight or Flight) to one of Growth. This switch is essential for you to be in a place where conception is possible.
So give it a try, at first it may be a bit difficult to get that full belly breath but keep trying. The last breath is always easier than the first and the more you do it, the more natural it becomes and the more relaxation you will receive from it.
If you want feel like you want to deepen this practice and need a guided meditation to help check out Circle + Bloom fertility downloads here http://bit.ly/17R9RbI
Where ever you are right now, take a few minutes and try it! In the comments below let me know how it goes.