Its another year, and things are wrapping up as the holidays get closer, so I figured this was the perfect time to have some fun and share another round of 20 things you may not know about me. I don’t consider myself a very exciting person so I never know if I will have enough things. But here they are. If you want to read the other 20 things, you can read last years here, and the year before here.
1. My grandmother is the reason I found acupuncture. She had been sick for months with no answers, and an Acupuncturist was able to help her come back to herself and feel well again. My journey began with her when I was 19.
2. My now sister-in-law was the one that introduced my family and grandmother to my first Acupuncture mentor. It was another 6 years after that, that I was introduced to Sheldon.
3. I’m not a morning person and much to Sheldon’s dismay I set my alarm 20 mins ahead of the time I need to get up so that I can ease into it. I don’t hit snooze (would love too, so I force myself to not fall back asleep)
4. My winter reading selections are The Great Cosmic Mother & The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving A F*ck (always striving for harmony between the dark and light) 🙂
5. My full name is Ashley Nicole Abbs
6. I consider it a crime to pass up a Nanaimo bar or butter tart especially at this time of year. If you’re not Canadian and don’t know what I’m talking about. You’re seriously missing out and need to rectify that immediately. They remind me of my grandma (she passed 3 christmas’ ago).
7. I met my best friends at the ages of 3, 5 and 19. Each stood up for me at my wedding.
8. I for the life of me can’t stay awake being a passenger in a car for more than 20 mins. I blame it on early morning skating with long drives where I would sleep the whole way there.
9. From last years nicknames I left out smash and smashme smabbs (due to my incredible knack for walking into walls, doors, corners, randomly falling down and epic skating falls. I’m an overall klutz.
10. In true form I have Dr. writing. Most days I can’t even read my own and the truth of it is my hand gets tired so its an utter mess and I give up trying after a few sentences.
11. I’m in love with Racoons, obsessed as a kid, every animal report I ever did was on them and right now I can’t get enough of the Instagram account @pumpkintheraccoon
12. I SUCK at spelling. Probably another reason why you can’t read my writing, because it likely has a ton of mistakes in it, sometimes even misspell my own name (no joke I usually skip the “e”). Spellcheck is my best friend.
13. I cannot keep a living plant alive to save my life. We have a single bamboo in our house, that’s all I can manage and mostly because I have nothing to with it. When it does dies I quickly replace it to pretend that all is well. Another cosmic joke is my parents used to own a greenhouse business. TERRIBLE!
14. Sheldon and I got engaged at New Years while vacationing in Cuba on the beach jumping over waves and casting wishes for our year. I was stunned and shocked. I hadn’t expected a proposal.
16. I play a take no prisoners, MEAN game of RISK, I’m not exaggerating, I’m really mean. I’m all in and I will conquer and own everything you have. You’ve been warned.
17. Favourite Christmas movie….Love Actually.
18. Favourite movie of all time…..Life is Beautiful
19. I’ve had 3 concussions that I know of. Probably more given that I was an athlete back when we didn’t think about those sorts of things. The general rule was if I hit my head I’m good. the rest of me not so much. Every year I competed at nationals I was in the ER to check for fractured ribs. Thankfully only every bruised. (I did say my nickname was Smash)
20. I have a really hard time trying new foods. Its an aversion I’ve had my whole life. And even if its amazing, I still probably won’t like it until the 2nd or 3rd time I eat it. So don’t be offended if I pick at things. It’s me, not you!